Adult Products on Google Shopping (EN)
Though you can advertise adult products on Google Shopping ads, make sure to follow these guidelines.
Written by Betsy Nelson
Updated over a week ago
What's Considered 'Adult'?
adult attribute is for products that are for adults only because they contain adult content such as nudity, sexually suggestive content, or are intended to enhance sexual activity.
What is not 'Adult'?
The 'Adult' attribute is NOT age group. For example, if you want to indicate that you’re selling adult-sized gloves use the age_group attribute.
Note: In some countries it is not allowed to advertise adult products.
These countries include:
- Hong Kong
- Saudi Arabia
- South Korea
- United Arab Emirates
How to make sure your products are approved by Google Ads
Make sure that your ads do not include the following
- violation of laws or regulations for the location that you target
- content that targets minors
- sexually explicit content
- content with underage or non-consensual sexual themes, including child sexual abuse content
- services that may be interpreted as providing sexual acts in exchange for compensation
Which 'Adult' products are not allowed?
Examples of restricted adult content:
- sex toys
- adult magazines
- sexual enhancement products
- sexually suggestive lingerie promotions
How do I tell if my products are 'Adult'?
The short and sweet of this is if you don't want to have a child see the ad, it's most likely adult content. To get specific results, upload your products and within 24 hours you can view if your products are declined and for what reason.