After you have installed the Shopify app and created your emarketing account, you must connect Google Ads and Google Merchant Center to emarketing. Connecting Google Ads / Merchant Center will complete the signup process and you will be ready to advertise on Google Shopping!
NOTE: Even if you want to advertise on Facebook / Instagram only, a connection to Google Ads and Merchant Center is required, as Google Merchant Center will be used as central product data base. That doesn't mean you have to advertise on Google!
Connect Google Ads & Google Merchant Center
- In your emarketing account, click Link Google Account now:
- Click Sign in with Google:
- Choose from the list of Google accounts presented. If the desired account is not shown, click Choose other account:
NOTE: Make sure, the Google account you choose for the sign in is Administrator for Google Ads and Merchant Center! Otherwise you will not be able to connect Google Ads / Merchant Center.
- Log in to the Google account you have selected by entering your login credentials.
- Grant access to your Google Ads and Merchant Center accounts by clicking Allow:
- Confirm that you want to connect the Google Ads account shown by clicking Continue:
NOTE: If the Google account you are using for the authorization is Administrator for multiple Google Ads accounts, all those Google Ads accounts will be offered for connecting. Choose the one you want to connect from the list.
- Choose the Google Merchant Center you want to connect and click Continue:
NOTE: If the Google account you are using for the authorization is Administrator for multiple Google Merchant Center accounts, all those Merchant Center accounts will be shown here. Choose the one you want to connect from the list.
- Click Continue to finish the setup process:
Congratulations! You successfully connected your Google Ads and Merchant Center to emarketing. Now your emarketing account is connected to the emarketing app for Shopify.
Next step is to choose your emarketing subscription plan. As soon as you have subscribed to a a plan, your emarketing account is ready for action.
Click here to learn how to subscribe to emarketing.