After you have installed the emarketing app for Shopify app and created your emarketing account, you must connect Google Ads and Google Merchant Center to emarketing. Connecting Google Ads / Merchant Center will complete the signup process and you will be ready to advertise on Google Shopping!
If you do not use Google Ads and Merchant Center accounts yet, you can let emarketing create them for you. The Google accounts you create will automatically be connected to emarketing.
NOTE: If you choose to let emarketing create a Google Ads account on your behalf, watch your E-Mail inbox!
Google will send you an invitation to claim the new Google Ads account created for you. This E-Mail will be sent to your Google E-Mail account. It contains a link, just click the link to log in to the Google Ads account.
After logging in to the Google Ads account, follow on-screen-instructions to setup payment information for your Google Ad Spend. If you do not setup payment information, your campaigns will not start to deliver ads!
Create Google Ads & Merchant Center accounts
- In your emarketing account, search for the Google tile and click Link Account:
- Click Sign in with Google:
- Click the Google account you would like to use with emarketing. If the desired account is not shown, click Use another account:
NOTE: If you do not have a Google user account yet, choose Use another account, then click Create account. Follow the on-screen-instructions to setup your new Google user account. As soon as you have created that account, proceed with the steps below.
- Log in to your Google user account by entering your login credentials.
- Click Create new Google Ads account:
- Select the desired target country for your Google Ads account from the drop-down list and click Continue:
NOTE: The target country determines some of the settings in the Google Ads account to be created. You should choose the country where your business is located. Target country does not mean the country where you want to show your Google Shopping Ads. This can be configured later in your emarketing account.
- Click Create new to setup a new Google Merchant Center:
- Click Continue to finish the setup process:
Congratulations! You successfully created new Google Ads and Merchant Center accounts and connected them to emarketing.
Your emarketing account is ready for action, you can now import all products from Shopify and create campaigns.
Click here to learn how to import your products.