If you want to advertise your products on Google Shopping, your Webshop needs to fulfill certain criteria.
Security: Protecting the Webshop with SSL-Certificates
Google conditions a SSL-Certificate for the Webshop, or at least for the ordering process. Meaning, when customers have to enter their personal data. If you do not have a SSL-Certificat in use yet, you can order your Webshop provider or your Internet service provider, who takes care of your Webshop, to install it. For the participation on Google Shopping, only the basic version is required. This costs between 40€ and 60€.
The protection via SSL-Certificates does not only bring benefits in terms of Google cooperation but also causes a higher security standard for personal customer data. Furthermore, SSL protected shops get a higher ranking in not commercial google searches than shops that are not protected with SSL-Certificates.
Important customer information needs to be transparently visualized
Google checks if you provide the important information about the products transparently. Among this information should be the following, preferable given in separate sections:
- General terms
- Imprint, including all legally required information
- Details about shipping costs and lead time
- Details about return or reimbursement
Presentation of the Products in your Webshop
The product details on your Webshop should be similar to the data published on google shopping. It is ok if product titles or descriptions differ from the ones in your Webshop. But, you should ensure that the following requirements are met:
- The Shopping advertisement should be linked with the correct product on your Webshop
- The prices and shipping costs from the shopping advertisement need to be similar to the ones on your Webshop
- Prices must be given in gross terms