Inserting the Shop Token
- On the Platform page of your PrestaShop Ads account, please click "Show Token":
- Copy the Shop Token to your clipboard:
- Switch to the PrestaShop Ads module settings in your PrestaShop backend.
- Paste the Shop Token into the field "Shop Token":
Mapping Webshop attributes to Google Shopping attributes
Now you should map your Webshop attributes to Google Shopping attributes. Please be aware that providing certain Google Shopping attributes is mandatory for some product categories, i.e. "size" and "color" if you are selling clothing.
Google will not accept your products, if you do not provide certain attributes. Providing as many attributes as possible improves your data quality and your campaign performance. More information on Google Shopping attributes can be found here.
- Use the pull-down menus to map the attributes. If you do not use an attribute in your Webshop, just leave it empty:
- Choose if you want to use the standard product descriptions or the short descriptions from your Webshop:
Setting up Target Country, Content Language and Currency
Target Country defines which country will be targeted by your ad campaign. The default settings are derived from your PrestaShop settings and you don't have to change them if you want to run ad campaigns in your home country only.
Adding more target countries
You can add more target countries, if you want to promote your products on foreign markets. Please be aware that you must provide product information such as product title, product description etc. in the language of your target countries.
Example: You are a French merchant and you want to run an additional ad campaign in the UK. In this case your product data in PrestaShop must be available in English language, otherwise Google will not allow you to run a campaign in the UK.
- Add another target country by clicking the "Plus"-icon:
- Select the desired values from the drop-down menus for "Target Country", "Content Language" and "Currency".
Save your settings
When you are done with setting up your PrestaShop Ads module as described above, please make sure to save your configuration. As soon as you have saved your settings, the module will connect your PrestaShop to your PrestaShop Ads account and the product import will start automatically.
- Click “Save Options” to finish the configuration (at the bottom-right-corner):
You can now go back to your PrestaShop Ads account. On the "Platform" page, you can see if your PrestaShop was connected successfully to PrestaShop Ads:
Congratulations! Your PrestaShop Ads account is ready!
An E-Mail with login credentials for your PrestaShop Ads account was sent to the E-Mail-address you provided during registration.
You can also login to your PrestaShop Ads account from within the PrestaShop Ads module in your backend. To do so, click the "Login" button in the module's configuration page: