Mapping Webshop categories to Google Shopping categories
Proper Google Shopping categories are very important for the success of your campaign. emarketing offers an easy and intuitive way to provide Google Shopping categories. As soon as you have mapped your Webshop categories to Google Shopping categories, all products included in a certain category will be assigned to the corresponding Google Shopping category.
After your products were succcessfully imported, you should map your Webshop categories to Google Shopping categories:
- In your emarketing account, open the "Shop system" menu (at the top-right corner):
- Click "Complete and continue to category mapping":
- On the left, your Webshop categories are listed, click "not assigned" on the right side to get recommendations for the category mapping:
- Choose the best match from the list of recommendations:
- Repeat this for all your Webshop categories.
Upload your products to Google
- When you are done with category mapping, click "Upload product data feed to Google" (at the bottom-right corner of the category list):
After your products were uploaded to Google, it takes up to 48 hours until Google has reviewed them. You can get information on the current status of the review in the Shopsystem menu of your emarketing account:
Open the Shopsystem menu (as described above). If your products are still under review, you will see a "Pending validation" notification, the product status colum will show "Pending":
Make sure to check the Shopsystem menu from time to time. You should see the result of the review not later than 48 hours after you uploaded your products to Google.
If your products passed the review successfully, the product status column will show "Approved". In case products were rejected, the status column will show "Rejected". You can get detailed information on the reason(s) for products being rejected.
As soon as you have at least some approved products, you can setup your first campaign.